Saturday, June 23, 2007

Cherry Blossoms

I got this wonderful stamp at Joann's today, I just love it! I've seen several cards made using cherry blossom stamps and was so glad to find this one:) I used Bazzill cardstock for the base and the rest of the cardstock is bazzill also. I embossed the pink piece with my cuttlebug embossing folder! Then I did all the layering and edged the smaller pink piece with my scallop scissors. I inked the stamp using CTMH Cocoa ink and then colored it in with my aquapainter and CTMH inks Blush, Chocolate, and Hollyhock. I punched all the corners with my SU! ticket corner punch (This is my favorite punch, it really dresses the card up IMO). To finish it off, I pierced holes with my Heidi Swapp paper piercer and added the gold brads! The "Thank You" sentiment is by Hero Arts.

So, in one week I'll be signing up to be an SU! demo! I'm so excited! I've been ready to do it for like a month (had to resign from CTMH first), but I decided to wait until the new catelog comes out first! I'm gonna be sooo broke, hahahaha! I'm really excited though! CTMH was just not doing it for me anymore. All the images were starting to look the same, not to mention they all seem to be catered towards people with kids. I don't have kids so all those stamps did nothing for me! I looove their paper packs though and accessories and I'll continue buying those from my upline, but for stamps, cardstock, and ink, it's SU all the way!

Well, so far it's been a slow weekend, but Billy is taking me out for steaks tonite, then we're gonna go watch Ocean's 13! We love the first two and I've heard this one is even better! Well, I guess I'm gonna go crank out another card since DH commandeered the tv to watch golf! I'll post my new creation tomorrow!

1 comment:

Rita said...

How was the movie?? Love that cherry blossom stamp -- your card is lovely! I had no idea you were switching to SU! Hope you enjoy it! I love SU products!